Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Have I got the solution for YOU. It is very simple, really. In fact, it would not take much effort at all. It could, potentially, be done by the click of the mouse. Though there must be a decision as to which "style" is the best.

What on earth is my solution to reading fast(er)? Techno music.

That's really all it is, folks. In fact, let me elaborate just for a moment - humor me - and tell you why I genuinely believe techno music can enhance your reading speed:

(1) It is a steady beat for hours. No commercials, no breaks, no slow down - love song, mushy-mushy - music.

(2) There are no lyrics (for the most part) with Techno music. That means that you can listen to Techno all day long and not get wrapped up in the lyrics that you may already know or partly know (that we all try to sing along with those songs that we know only 30% of the lyrics and as a result, make up our own lyrics for the other 70%!). This means - no distractions.

(3) It is simply good chill music.

If this is shocking to anyone, let me just ask you to try it out. I'm not saying that this will supernaturally allow you to read a whole tome in 15 minutes. But what I am saying is that the steady beat, without the lyrics can be a great background supplement to reading!

Specifically (for those who even care to read this far): Techno is a broad category (umbrella, if you will) under which many other categories fit. I prefer more specific categories such as Trance, Funk or House. Jungle and Garage are O.K., but they can get a little annoying after awhile. Some of you are laughing. Some of you are rolling your eyes. Some of you cannot believe that I would actually post a blog on this topic, but let me just tell you, this is very dear and near to my heart. :-)
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!