Thursday, January 4, 2007

Psalm 19:14 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Over the course of this past year I remembered this verse that I had chosen to be my "verse for the year." It was a reminder to me not only to watch what comes out of my mouth, but also my heart's affections as well, that they may be fixed on the Lord Jesus Christ.

I wanted to remind myself that meditations of the heart will inevitably produce action. So, it was my goal for the year to have as my constant meditation the things of the Lord so that my action in life would reflect Christlikeness.

Furthermore, this verse reminded me that Yahweh is my Rock in hard times as well as my Redeemer. Yahweh has provided salvation and is my "goel," my Redeemer. It is only through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross that I can have eternal security.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!