Sunday, February 25, 2007

I am a Disciple.

The die has been cast, I have stepped over the line; The decision has been made, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I will not look up, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits or popularity;
I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.

I now live by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer and labor by power.
My pace is set, my gate is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, I will not hesitate in presence of adversity, I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, I will not ponder at the pool of popularity, nor meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I will not give up, back up, let up or shut up until I have prayed up, preached up, stored up and stayed up because of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, I must go until he returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until he comes. And when he comes to get his own, he will have no trouble recognizing me, my colors are flying high and they are clear for all to see.

Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ? It will cost you everything.

Author Anonymous
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!