Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Unfortunately, when I was reading this afternoon, I came across this very disheartening quote from a fairly well-known theological apologist:
  • I also think a serious reader of Scripture can doubt that God's Word plays a determinative role in the human knowledge of God.
I leave out the source for the author's own sake. But my question to this man is, "If you can't understand God from the Scriptures, then where do you find understanding about God?" I was shocked when I read this quote. I know what you're thinking, "Geoff took this quote out of context." I answer, "Nope." So I go back to my original thought, if you can't know God from the Scriptures - or as he would phrase it, you can doubt God's Word (problem there #1) plays a determinative role in the human knowledge of God. I leave you with this thought:

Never read and take in everything you hear as absolute, true, biblical and sound truth - even from so-called "evangelicals."

2 Corinthians 10:5 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!