Saturday, November 24, 2007

I am preaching tomorrow morning on Ephesians 2:1-10. I don’t think I have ever prepared a sermon before where I have had as much joy and excitement as I have experienced with this one. The text in Ephesians two is so rich, so abundant, so filled with jewels, pearls, diamonds and riches that I am bursting inside reading to let loose tomorrow morning. BEWARE!

The thrust of my sermon is this: We are so absolutely incapable of saving ourselves without the complete intervention of God in his mercy and grace bringing salvation to us which must result in a life lived in good works to the praise and glory of God.

The passage in Jeremiah is coming to light when he just couldn’t keep the Lord’s message in himself. He had to get it out:

Jeremiah 20:9 Then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; And I am weary of holding it in, And I cannot endure it.

To God be the glory for this rich passage in His Word. My outline is as follows:

1. We are dead in sin (1-3)
2. We are helpless apart from God’s intervention (4-6)
3. We are made to demonstrate God’s glory (7)
4. We are saved by grace through faith (8-9)
5. We are saved resulting in a life of good works (10)


Pray for the Spirit to move in the morning as the gospel is presented!
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!