Thursday, October 19, 2006

Allow me one minute of boasting, please. I received an extraordinarily kind gift yesterday after a special friend returned from Hawaii. Permit me to describe three of the gifts for you in brief, yet sufficient detail:

(1) Kona Krunch. This is a chocolate Covered Macadamia Nut with Rice Crisp bar made from "Hawaiian Sun." I don't know anything about Hawaiian Sun, but the company sounds official. This is very tasty. As far as size goes, the candy is a little small, but no complaints.

(2)Hawaiian Host presents, "Selected Whoel and Halves Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts. Now folks, these are superb. I have eaten about 6 of the 16 that are in the box and I made the sad - oh, so sad - mistake of looking at the Nutrition Facts on the side of the box. First of all, I had trouble reading the facts because the print was so small - no wonder. If everyone could read the Nutrition facts, no one would buy the box and eat 6 of these things in a day like I just did.

(3) Hawaii's Vanilla Macadamia Coffee. Now, let me explain something. For anyone who is addicted to coffe (as I myself am), this is a good buy. Though it may be a little expensive to buy and ship from Hawaii to where you live, if you do have the opportunity to go to Hawaii, pick up a box of this coffee. It is very good.

The gist of this post: Do not look at the Nutrition facts on the food before you eat it. In fact, it may be good to wait a day - or two, or three or ten - before looking at the nutrition facts. This may result in some early mornings coming up to run and work off one of these macadamia nuts.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!