Friday, November 10, 2006

Galatians 3:22 22 But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
This verse has the Gospel. All of it. In this short verse is contained:
(1) The Sufficiency and Authority of the Scriptures
(2) Total Depravity - that all men are "shut up" under sin
(3) The Faithfulness of God - by bringing out His promises
(4) The Savior - the Lord Jesus Christ
(5) Vicarious Substitutionary atonement - is implied here when the promise of faith
is given by those who trust in Jesus Christ and NOT in their own merit
(6) The Neccesity of true and Saving Faith in the Messiah, Jesus Christ
(7) Salvation offered as a free gift - no works salvation here; it "might be given"
(8) All who come to Christ will receive Him. He will in no way ever cast any out. This is seen by the phrase "given to those who believe."

The Gospel is basic enough for a child to understand, yet so complex (and inexhaustible) because it originated from the Divine mind. What can we say but "Oh What a Savior! Too marvelous to Conceive! I Trust in Thee Today!"

As J. Wilbur Chapman wrote in 1910:

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!