Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We read in Ephesians 5:

Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children;

Then the Psalmist in his magnificent song of praise to Yahweh says:

Psalm 103:8-13 8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. 9 He will not always strive with us; Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13 Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

Elizabeth and I recently ordered our wedding rings from Jerusalem. After many emails of correspondence, we found the ring, the engraving on the inside and what the outside will look like. Then they made the ring, packaged it and sent it off.

I received it a few days ago. Needless to say, the sizes were both wrong, and they forgot the inside engraving on both rings. Oh did I mention, we ordered the rings through a Jewish jeweler in the new city of Jerusalem.

So, as I was bummed, I emailed them and told them that both rings were wrong and explained clearly - yet very kindly - what the problems were and that we need two new rings A.S.A.P. After that, I received a response email from them which said (and I quote):

"You have been very kind and patient with our errors. This is very unusual for humans. Thank you for choosing to write respectful emails. We very much appreciate your tone and attitude."

They are not used to people responding this way - especially when their wedding is a few months away. But there were no problems. I just kindly told them there were mistakes and we need new rings issued. People are sinful. People respond with anger. How else would someone respond to this? With anger? Animosity? Stress?

So I replied to this email with an email expressing how I have been forgiven of my sins by the LORD and how hypocritical it would be for me to not forgive others. I told them that mistakes do happen. It's no problem.

Yet the thing that absolutely shocked me was their response to my response. It is a witness. The Lord Jesus Christ has changed my life. That is just one proof that I am a "new creation."

The point: You witness every moment of the day. Listen to that. There is NOT a moment when you are not witnessing. You are either witnessing for Christ or for the devil. There is NO in-betweens. Even in email correspondence, how are you speaking? In Love? In Hate?

May the Lord give us all greater grace to be greater ambassadors of this great gospel so that there may be a greater number who are saved by the blood of our Messiah Jesus!
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!