Friday, December 7, 2007

I'll come back and comment regarding the conclusion of my Roman Catholic posts soon.

However, because I'm so busy and have not the time to blog at length, here are some excellent blogs that I've found and I commend them for your reading:

Mike Patton has a great post here on "An encouragement for Christians to question their faith." It's a good read. I may not agree end on end with everything he says and concludes, but his point is well taken.

Dave Trepanier has an extraordinary post on Song of Solomon here. When have you ever heard a sermon out of this marvelous book. And no, it is not allegorical for Christ and the Church. It is simply revealing God's view of love and marriage and the sanctity of sex, love and marriage. He comments on this text. Now, preacher (in all seriousness, now), how would you preach on this:

Song of Solomon 8:8-10 8 "We have a little sister, And she has no breasts; What shall we do for our sister On the day when she is spoken for? 9 "If she is a wall, We will build on her a battlement of silver; But if she is a door, We will barricade her with planks of cedar." 10 "I was a wall, and my breasts were like towers; Then I became in his eyes as one who finds peace.

Mark Dever gives not the five points of Calvinism but the five points of criticism. A great read and very insightful stuff. Man how our churches would be radically different if these five points were practiced.

That's all for now... enjoy the reading!
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!