Wednesday, December 26, 2007

We love Christmas and we had a wonderful Christmas. Here is a review of our last few days.

Earlier in the month, we celebrated Hanukkah. I taught Elizabeth some of the traditional Jewish blessings (in Hebrew too! -- she's a natural!). We didn't open any presents though. At any rate, we had a good time.
Then a few weeks ago, we were in cold New York and here's a nice picture of me and Elizabeth, NOT in sunny and warm southern California, but in cold southeastern New York on a frigid morning outside the home where we were staying.
On Sunday evening, we had youth group and instead of playing games before our Bible study, we walked a few blocks to a nearby grocery store and sang some Christmas carols and handed out tracts and pamphlets to our church.
On Monday, Christmas Eve, Elizabeth and I went to the Whitney home for a Christmas eve party. Brent is the other associate pastor at Christ Community Church. He is the pastor of families and children. He is a great guy and we had a fun time at their place. We did the traditional bobbing for "doughnuts." I lost both my matches (one was against the other three seminarians and then the other match was against a guy in my youth group -- man, I gotta practice for next year).
Then on Monday night we had our Christmas Eve service at church. Here is a picture of me and Elizabeth to add to our memories from our first marriage as a married couple :=)
Praise God for His goodness to us. We are mindful that "today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11).
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!