Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Some have said that theology is the "Queen of the Sciences." I think that it is better stated that it is the "King of the Sciences."

In one of my doctoral classes, a classmate said this:

Since science, according to Webster [he defined it above], is seeking to gain knowledge, understanding and systematizing of that knowledge, which is what theologians seek to do, and since many in the natural sciences hinder that investigation by their a priori assumptions, theology today is not only the queen of the sciences, it may be considered to be the only true science! Further, theology is the only science that can establish absolute truth because it is based on the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God.


Is this statement too radical to be true? I think not. I wholeheartedly agree!
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!