Wednesday, December 16, 2009


I have had the immeasurable joy this week of busying myself with God and His Word. Preparing for our Israel trip has been a tremendous joy (and responsibility) these last few months as I’m about to lead my second trip to Israel.


Though I’ve been free from PhD coursework, I’ve immersed myself in reading large portions of Scripture in one sitting. This week I’ve read Deuteronomy, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings and, Lord willing, I’ll finish 1 and 2 Chronicles by this weekend so I can have the four gospels read by the time our flight leaves on Christmas morning.


The amazing truth that has hit me time and time again has been the sovereignty of God—over everything. God is in absolute control over everything. From the covenants, to the kings, to the battles, to the enemies God reigns supremely on His sovereign throne working out His already established purposes.


I love God’s Word. I am getting ready go to Israel. After I read these next few books on my list, then I shall be ready to board the flight.


Psalm 119:47-48 47 I shall delight in Your commandments, Which I love. 48 And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments, Which I love; And I will meditate on Your statutes.


Psalm 119:159-160 159 Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness. 160 The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!