Monday, March 29, 2010

Folks,

I can't encourage all my readers enough to read this article. D.A. Carson writes on some of the trials that current theologians, scholars, and pastors face nowadays. I don't think I've read a more head-on, practical, and convicting, and scholarly article in quite some time.

Click here to read the pdf article from the book: The Trials of Theology, edited by Cameron and Rosner (2010).

Here's a quote:
This polarization of reading approaches [of the scrutinizing, objective study one employs in a seminary exegesis course and the devotional reading of the Bible] is to be resisted as an abomination. In your most diligent technical study, you should be trying to understand what God himself has said through this text, trying to think God's thoughts after him, worshiping God with reverence and joy as you deploy your newly learned 'tools' to think more critically" (111).
Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!